Slip & Fall Accidents
What Nobody Ever Tells You About Slips And Fall Cases
Slip and falls are one of the leading causes of unintentional deaths and injuries in the United States. Slip and fall accidents often result in back, neck and head injuries, brain injuries, and multiple broken bones. As you might imagine, seniors are the group at the greatest risk for slip and fall injuries.
Business owners and property managers are legally obligated to take measures to reduce the chances of slip and fall injuries on their property. Anyone with property open to the public has to ensure that carpets and rugs are flat against the floor, that sidewalks and pavements are even and unobstructed, and that spills, water, ice, and snow are cleaned up right away.
Slip and fall injures are commonly caused by:
- Poorly or unlit walkways
- Building code violations
- Spilled drinks in the grocery store aisle
- Boxes falling off of a high shelf
- Apartment complex assaults
- Falling ceilings
- Leakage in bathroom or tub overflows in apartments
- Collapsed decks
- Faulty staircases
- Holes in a parking lot
- Wet or freshly waxed floors
- Rain or snow, especially when it accumulates in walkways and doorways
- An object or clutter obstructing an aisle or walkway
- Curled or improperly-placed floor mats or doormats
- Damaged, aging, or uneven stairs, especially wooden stairs
- Large cracks or craters in pavement
If you’re injured in a slip and fall incident on someone else’s property in the state of Georgia, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries and emotional pain you may have suffered. Make sure to get the legal advice you need from an experienced slip and fall attorney. At Lashgari & Associates, P.C. Attorneys at Law, we’ll explain your legal rights and legal options, including a possible personal injury lawsuit.
We’ll review the details of the incident, gather evidence, question witnesses, protect your rights, and if necessary, advocate aggressively for justice after a serious slip and fall injury.
What steps should I take to help determine if I have a viable slip and fall case?
- Take all the photos you can at the time.
- Report the incident to a manager.
- Take down the names and numbers of witnesses.
- If you need medical attention, get it immediately.
- If you can, see if the problem is addressed right away.
- Often our investigators will return to the scene with you to recreate the incident. Our team will contact any witnesses and take the case from there. Your next job is to get better.
Speak to one of our slip and fall attorneys today. It’s much better to ask and get the answers you need now.